About Benjamin Alley
Benjamin Alley earned a juris doctor degree and tax certificate from the University of Kansas School of Law. While studying at KU Law, Benjamin was selected to serve on the University of Kansas Law Review and was a member of both the International Law Society and Christian Legal Society. Benjamin also volunteered his time to prepare income tax returns for international students and other non-residents. Benjamin’s focus area since graduation from law school has been estate planning and trust administration. Prior to becoming a lawyer, Benjamin was a proprietor in the restaurant industry and a minister.
Benjamin has extensive experience working with people of other cultures. In the late 1990s, Benjamin studied business and communications in China. While in China, Benjamin also taught English classes and picked up the ability to speak Mandarin Chinese. After returning to the United States, Benjamin served in the Chinese community in the Kansas City area for approximately eight years. Benjamin continues to serve the Chinese community in Alhambra, California. In addition to experience with Chinese culture, Benjamin has also worked with Africans to rebuild an orphanage in Nairobi, worked with Malaysians to move crocodiles on a nature reserve in Borneo, dug with Israelis on an archaeological excavation near Jerusalem, and led humanitarian trips to both the Himalayas and Jamaica. These experiences have taught Benjamin the flexibility and intercultural finesse to approach situations from different perspectives.
Benjamin and his wife, Anna, currently reside in West Covina, California.
- Alley Law—Estate Planning, Transnational Planning, Business Development; Pasadena, California
- Estate Planning Firm; Pasadena, California
- University of Kansas Legal Services for Students, Lawrence, Kansas
- Johnson County Courthouse, Olathe, Kansas
University of Kansas School of Law, Lawrence, Kansas
- Juris Doctor & Tax Certificate
- KU Law Review
Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Kansas City, Missouri
- Master of Divinity
- Master of Arts in Ancient Near East Languages
- Master of Arts in Ancient Near East Archaeology
William Jewell College, Liberty, Missouri
- Bachelor of Arts, Communication
- Bachelor of Arts, Business Administration and Management
Hong Kong Baptist University, Hong Kong, China
- International Student – Communications and Business Administration
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS, AFFILIATIONS, & LICENSES
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of California
- California Notary Public